Hi there, thank you for taking the time to check out my website! I am a Pauatahanui based Equestrian Event photographer. I started my small photography business in 2011 and I've been attending local events with my camera since.
My love for photography started from an early age - just like my love for horses. So putting the two together I realised how passionate I am for equestrian event photography. I wanted to take photos of riders how I would want others to take photos of me and I have gained many loyal and lovely customers over the years who have supported me and encouraged me with everything.
I haven't been competing for a few seasons now, which has helped to really get my business up and running. In that time I've been able to travel events further away and gain more customers.
I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter who is more than happy to come along to local shows with me. Because of the demands of having her with me, it means I may not take as many photos as I would like or be able to travel as far as I have previously.
• 2019 Land Rover Horse of the Year Show
- I was accepted to attend the show as an Official Media Photographer.
• 2014 GOPI Photography Competition
-1st Recreation category - with 'A Girl and Her Pony'
-Highly Commended for Artistic category - with 'Golden Sunset - Triptych'
-Highly Commended for Nature category - with 'Golden Sunset'
-Highly Commended for Recreation category - with 'Walking into the Inlet'
• 2014 NRM Horse of the Year Show
- I attended the show as a commercial photographer, amongst New Zealand's most talented equestrian photographers.
• 2013 Horse of the Year Show
-My photo of Vicki Wilson and Showtym Spotlight rearing at the Friday Night Extravaganza was used for advertising the show the following year. (This photo is included in the slideshow on my Home page.
• 2011 Equine FourFlax Label Competition
-My winning photo of 'Henry' the Bay Thoroughbred was on the Equine Label of FourFlax Flax Seed Oil for 6 months.
• 2011 GOPI Photography Competition
-1st Youth Section-Scenic Impressions
-1st Youth Section-Human Impact
• 2009 International CIWEM's Environmental Photographer of the Year
-Runner up/Shortlisting process (I was invited to Convent Garden, London in October 2009 for an Award Ceremony for the competition).